Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Canon 60d Review

I was deciding between the Nikon D7000 and the Canon 60D and made the obvious choice based on reputation, quality and value for the money. The 60D more than fulfils my needs as an advanced amateur. If anything, the newer DSLRs give too many choices. The camera and lens seem to be very robust. I am amazed when I read the adverse comments regarding the lack of a magnesium body. The Boeing 787 is a combination of metal and plastic, after all, and it is heralded as a technological advancement, which it should be. Besides, I never beat my equipment like others suggest they do.

Interesting that the Nikon D7000 boasts a magnesium body, when it actually is only partially so. I am entirely satisfied with the camera and Amazon's service. Other companies would do well to emulate Amazon.In terms of my decision to go with the 60D over the T2i I just felt that the extra features were going to get me better pictures and ultimately make me happier in the long term. These cameras are big so while the Rebel is smaller it is still a substantial camera with the lens on it. You have to be committed to carrying around a camera of this size. From a price perspective, the 60D was an additional $200. That gets you a better view finder and better focusing. These two things can make a huge difference between getting the best possible picture.The battery life is spectacular and the kit lens, Canon 18-135 1:3.5-5.6 IS lens is a very, very big to be vilified for it is the kit lens. I also liked the 18-55 IS. (KIT snobs!) As anyone who has tried to replace the end of the range of 18 mm range with a different purpose, you may have noticed that this is not cheap, Ringo. Do not let kit lens snobs, or Canon, the ruin of your love for this goal. This same plasticy cheap built like old kits and 55 to 250 (another great lens). You can read the comments of this objective on its own page and you can see how highly rated by users, except for people who do nothing but nets photographed every day. This objective can not lock zoom, but not that monstrous Canon 28-135, which slides open when it falls below the horizonal, but the 18-135 is still standing.

60D feels like a part of me. I understand that, and it is not the way I take pictures I want to take. To me, this is what the camera is a good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment